In Viet Nam, musculoskeletal pathologies are common in all ages, especially the elderly and account a fairly percentage. Despite being less lethal, these pathologies often leave severe sequels making patients reduce or lose mobility and labor capacity. There are some common musculoskeletal pathologies such as osteoarthritis, spinal degeneration, arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, gout and so on.
There are numerous groups of causes of musculoskeletal diseases.
- Autoimmunity: juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, systemic scleroderma, ankylosing spondylitis and so on
- Degradation or old age: degenerative joint disease, spinal degeneration, sciatica pain.
- Metabolic Disorders: gout and other synovitis microcrystalline diseases
- Infection: arthritis or spondylitis caused by bacterial empyema or Mycobacterium tuberculosis
The most common symptoms of these pathologies are musculoskeletal pain in certain areas, may be accompanied by swelling. When experiencing any symptoms related to joints, patients should visit doctor to receive diagnosis and early treatment to avoid serious complications.
Currently, in Thu Cuc International General Hospital, Rheumatology Department has satisfied the demand for examination and treatment of the musculoskeletal diseases of adults and some common pathologies in children. Besides, the department performs minor procedures, surgical to treat these pathologies such as synovial injection, knee joint puncture, knee arthroscopy, knee joint wash and so on. To accurately diagnose and provide the best treatment, Thu Cuc Hospital has equipped with advanced medical facilities like Bone mineral density machine DXUMMT – The gold standard to measure osteoporosis, CT 64-channel scanner- One of the most modern CT systems which offer clear and multi-dimensional images, together with the system of full, modern test according to international standard.
Coming to Rheumatology Department in Thu Cuc Hospital, patients will be examined by experienced doctors with advanced medical equipment. The diagnosis and treatment are sure to be quick, accurate, effective with specific regimen for each patient.
Doctor’s advice on the prevention of musculoskeletal diseases:
- Having regular general health check-up (6 months/time) to early detect any pathologies and get timely treatment.
- “Listening to your body” attentively. When experiencing any symptoms such as muscular pain, bone, joint pain, limited movement, patients should visit doctor immediately to timely diagnose and treat the disease, avoiding the risk of spondylitis (irreversible), uncontrolled spread of damage or skipping the stage of intervention.
- Having exercise, doing sports, having healthy diet (not too much protein, fat, sugar, salt, calcium-rich regime…) Besides, avoiding excessive activities which are easy to damage the joints, spine. Remember to have exercise consistent with age.
For more detailed information, please contact:
THU CUC INTERNATIONAL GENERAL HOSPITAL
Address: No. 286, Thuy Khue Street, Tay Ho District, Hanoi City
Hotline: +84 904 519 080